Welcome...........

Please read, enjoy, comment, laugh, share, etc.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fun and Soggy Sunday




I'm fortunate to have this great girlfriend, Lisa. One of the many things I admire about Lisa is that she is very disciplined and committed to things in her life (work, play, friends). A few months ago she decided to do the Danskin Triathlon, which took place this past Sunday in the pouring down rain. The picture is of her about to cross the finish line. Lisa - way to go!

I've been to this event before (only as a spectator) and love to see all of the participants, the support and inspiration. It's a great day, so without hesitation, I told Lisa I wanted to be there to see her start/finish/transition. Our friend Sharon joined me, as it is always more fun with company. I found myself just watching all of these women amazed at them and what some of them were accomplishing for the first time (especially the breast cancer survivors). We even saw a couple blind women doing the race - talk about determinatin. Watching all of this, put some percpective in my fun and soggy Sunday morning. As I was standing under a large umbrella next to a friend, with my Starubucks in my hands, warm fleece and rain coat on, I realized life was pretty perfect.

No comments: